Ingredients for 6 people:
- 600ml whipping cream
- 75g sugar
- ½ vanilla pod or a few drops of vanilla extract
- 7g of powdered gelatine or 4 gelatine leaves
1. If you are using gelatine leaves, soak them in very cold water until they are soft.
2. If you are using a vanilla pod (and not the extract), open the pod, and with the help of a knife, scrape the vanilla seeds from the pod, keep aside.
3. In a saucepan, heat the cream and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved. Make sure the cream does not boil since bringing it to a boil will change significantly its flavour.
4. Remove the mixture from the heat, add the vanilla and gelatine and stir until all the ingredients are completely integrated.
5. Pour the mix into 6 individual moulds and leave in the fridge until it solidifies (ideally overnight).
6. Before serving, remove the panna cotta from the moulds by soaking them in hot water for around 20 seconds. If necessary, use a sharp knife to separate the panna cotta from the surface of the mould.
7. Decorate with berries, jam, chocolate or anything you like!