Ingredients for 2 people:
- 200g Arborio rice
- ½ onion
- 20g butter
- 50ml white wine
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
1. Chop the onion into small chunks.
2. Melt 10g of butter in a saucepan and add the onion. Cook over medium heat until the onion is soft and translucent.
3. In the meantime, heat the chicken broth and add the saffron to the broth.
4. When the onion has softened, stir in the rice and cook for a couple of minutes.
5. Add the wine and cook until the alcohol has evaporated.
6. Add a ladleful of the simmering stock, stir and allow it to absorb.
7. Continue adding stock gradually until the rice is cooked and creamy. It should take around 20 minutes.
8. Remove from the heat. Add the remaining 10g of butter and the grated Parmesan cheese and mix. Serve.