- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 5 tablespoons of tomato sauce (any good quality ready-made sauce is going to be fine)
- 60g grated mozzarella
- 1 egg
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
2. Cut the puff pastry sheets into two rounds using a plate (25cm diameter) as a reference.
3. On top of the first round, spread the tomato sauce and top with the mozzarella.
4. Cover it with the second round.
5. Cut the combined puff pastry rounds into triangles, leaving a round 6cm diameter surface uncut in the centre.
6. Twist each of the triangles around two times.
7. Beat the egg and cover the puff pastry with the egg wash.
8. Bake for around 20 minutes or until golden.