Ingredients for 6-8 people:
- 140g sugar
- 300ml whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 200ml strong coffee
- 100g cacao
- 24 savoiardi biscuits
- A splash of Amaretto/rum/brandy
1. Using an electric mixer, whip the cream with half of the sugar and keep aside.
2. Whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff and keep aside.
3. Using a fork, mix the mascarpone cheese with the egg yolks and the remaining sugar.
4. Add to the mascarpone mix the whipped cream and the whipped egg whites very slowly to make sure the mix remains airy and foamy.
5. In a small bowl, dissolve 1/3 of the cacao with the coffee and add a splash of Amaretto or another alcohol you like. You can also skip the alcohol if the dessert is made for kids.
6. Soak the biscuits in the coffee (not too much since the biscuits will break if they are too wet) and place them in the base of the dish where the tiramisu will be presented.
7. Pour half of the mix on top of the biscuits and repeat the same process to create another layer of biscuits and mix.
8. Top with the rest of the cacao and keep in the fridge for at least 8 hours (ideally it should rest for 24 hours).