Ingredients for 2 people:
- 400g green beans
- 30g pine nuts
- 1 lemon
- 60g Parmesan cheese shavings
- A handful of fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 branch of fresh thyme
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Add the 2 cloves of garlic (peeled) and the thyme to a small saucepan and cover completely with olive oil. Cook at low heat (ideally the oil should be at 80°C) for around 20 minutes. The garlic should look slightly brown and translucent. Remove from the fire and allow the garlic to cool down completely.
2. In the meantime, peel and clean the green beans and steam them for around 5 minutes (steam them slightly longer if you like your vegetables softer).
3. Add the cooked green beans to a bowl with cold water and ice to stop the cooking.
4. For the vinaigrette, smash the cooked garlic and add 3 tablespoons of oil from the cooking process, the juice of the lemon and a pinch of salt.
5. Toast the pine nuts until golden.
6. Mix the green beans with the parsley and the vinaigrette and top with the toasted pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest and pepper.