Ingredients for 2 people:
- 500ml almond milk
- 90g sugar
- 25g cornstarch
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Peel of 1 lemon
- Cinnamon powder and lemon zest
1. In a small glass of around 200ml, add the almond milk and the cornstarch. Mix well to fully dilute the cornstarch.
2. Pour the rest of the almond milk into a saucepan and add the cinnamon stick, lemon peel and sugar. Bring to a boil slowly. Remove the cinnamon and the lemon once the mixture has started boiling.
3. Add the remaining milk with the cornstarch to the saucepan mix and stir constantly until obtaining the desired thickness. Allow to cool down completely.
4. Serve in small bowls and top with cinnamon and lemon zest.
You can find the original recipe and the story of this dessert on the amazing blog El Comidista