Ingredients for around 20 cannelloni:
- Cannelloni pasta
- 700g roasted vegetables (around 3 bell peppers, 2 aubergines and 2 onions)*
- 500g fat-free quark
- 600g homemade tomato sauce**
- 200g mozzarella
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan shavings
- Fresh thyme
*To roast the vegetables, you need to pre-heat the oven to 200 °C (grill and fan function) and roast the vegetables until soft. The aubergine and the onion take around 1 hour and the pepper around 30 minutes.
**My homemade tomato sauce is extremely easy and fast to do: Sauté a couple of cloves of garlic, add chopped canned tomato, season with sugar, salt and black pepper and allow to simmer for around 40 minutes.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
2. Blend together the roasted vegetables with the quark until you obtain a smooth, thick paste. Keep in the fridge - to be used later.
3. Cook the cannelloni according to the package instructions.
4. Cover the bottom of a baking tray with a little bit of the tomato sauce.
5. Start filling the cannelloni by using a piping bag filled with roasted vegetables paste stored in the fridge.
6. Place in the tray and top with the remainder of the tomato sauce. Top with the mozzarella.
7. Bake for around 20 minutes.
8. Then, top with the Parmesan shavings and a little bit of fresh thyme and broil for around 2 minutes until the cheese is slightly golden.
9. Allow to cool down for around 10 minutes before serving.