- 350g puff pastry
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500g baby spinach leaves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 250g mascarpone
- 80g parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C.
2. Cover a baking tin with greaseproof paper and roll out the pastry pushing the corners and making sure the pasty covers the rim of the tin. Pinch the pastry with a fork.
3. Cover the pastry with aluminium foil and chickpeas (or anything that is heavy enough) and bake for around 15 minutes.
4. Remove the chickpeas and the aluminium foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes until the pastry is golden. Allow to cool down for 5 minutes.
5. In the meantime, sauté the garlic over medium heat with a tablespoon of olive oil and add the spinach. Cook until the excess water evaporates. Season with nutmeg and salt.
6. Mix together the eggs, the mascarpone and half of the Parmesan cheese and pour into the pastry.
7. Top with the spinach and the rest of the Parmesan cheese.
8. Bake for 30 minutes until the filling is set.