- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 large onions
- 2 courgettes
- 1 big potato
- 2 big tomatoes
- 70g of grated Gruyere cheese
- Dried thyme
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Slice the onions and chop the garlic.
3. Sauté the onions and garlic with two table spoons of olive oil over medium heat until the onion is translucent.
4. Spread the onion mixture on the bottom of the baking dish.
5. Slice the potatoes, zucchini, and tomatoes and layer them alternately in the dish on top of the onions.
6. Season with salt, pepper, dried thyme and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
7. Cover the dish with aluminium foil and bake for 40 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
8. Uncover the dish, sprinkle the cheese on top, and bake for another 20 minutes until browned.