Ingredients for 3/4 people:
- 350g leeks
- 20g butter
- 150g peeled and chopped onions
- 150g peeled and chopped potatoes
- 350ml water
- 350ml chicken stock
- 150ml single cream
- Crème fraiche
1. Wash the leeks carefully to remove any dirt, remove the green parts and slice.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the leeks and the onions and cook over medium heat until they are tender.
3. Add the potatoes, the stock and the water. Simmer for around 15 minutes.
4. Add the cream and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
5. Season the soup and blend until smooth. For a smoother result pass the soup through a fine sieve.
6. This soup should be served at room temperature or cold.
7. When presenting, sprinkle chopped chives on top as well as a dollop of crème fraiche.
You can find a very similar recipe in The French Kitchen