Ingredients for 2/3 people:
- 1,25l of water
- 140g of firm tofu
- 120g shiitake mushrooms
- 120g enoki mushrooms
- 5g dashi no moto (bonito stock)
- 10g dried wakame seaweed
- 3 tablespoons miso paste
- Soy sauce
- 2 spring onions
- Black sesame
- Nori seaweed
1. Cut the tofu into medium-size dices and soak them in soy sauce for around 1 hour.
2. Pour the water and the dashi no moto in a large saucepan and cook over low to medium heat for around 10 minutes. The water should be slightly bubbling, but should not be boiling.
3. In the meantime, wash the shiitake mushrooms and cut them into medium chunks and keep aside.
4. Add cold water to a bowl and submerge the wakame seaweed for around 5 minutes until it has fully rehydrated and keep aside.
5. Rinse the enoki mushrooms to cold water, cut the woody stem off and separate them.
6. After the water has bubbled for 10 minutes, add the diced shiitake mushrooms and 3 tablespoons of miso paste. Stir well until the miso is completely dissolved. Boil over medium heat for around 5 minutes.
7. After 5 minutes, add the enoki mushrooms, the wakame seaweed (previously rehydrated) and the tofu together with the soy sauce.
8. Cook for 5 minutes more.
9. When serving the soup, sprinkle black sesame and spring onion on top. Nori seaweed is also a great topping.