Ingredients for a 22cm round tin:
- 250g pie crust
- 300g mushrooms (variety)
- 1 onion
- 100g gorgonzola
- 180ml single cream
- 2 eggs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Dried thyme
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Roll out the pastry and put it into the tin, pinch the pastry with a fork, and cover with aluminium foil. Make sure to line the pastry just to the edge and add chickpeas on top of the aluminium foil to avoid the pastry rising when baked.
3. Bake for around 25minutes until the pastry turns slightly golden.
4. While the pastry is baking, chop the onion and sauté it with a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat until it becomes translucent.
5. Clean and cut the mushrooms and add them to the onion. Cook until the mushrooms are dry and all the water has evaporated. Keep the mixture aside and cool it down.
6. When the pastry is baked, remove it from the oven and cool it down for around 5 minutes.
7. While the pastry is cooling, whisk the eggs in a bowl, add the single cream and season the mixture with salt, pepper and thyme.
8. Place the mushroom and onion mixture into the pastry, add the walnuts and the gorgonzola (previously cut in dices).
9. Pour the egg mix carefully on top, making sure that it is spread evenly across the tin.
10. Bake for around 20 minutes or until is cooked.